FIRST STEPS: 99% of your setup (must do before testing storefront)
Even though we were able to import your old website content into your new website on Savi2, there are features you need to adjust or reset on Savi2 because we’ve rebuilt how you manage those features and how they work in the storefront. Start with the items in this checklist. You can read the help section below for more instructions.
- Update Contact Information ("Account" in top left corner)
- Categories and Pages:
- Our data transfers pulls all categories and pages, so if you had blank or old forgotten inactive categories you should delete them.
- Make sure the correct ones are active.
- Menus: make sure correct items in left box and top menu
- Start with Left Box 1 (currently categories)
- Then Main Navigation Header (top menu)
- Add HOME to this menu if you want a link to home page
- Delete "Brands" menu if empty (it was imported only because it existed on old site)
- If your menu show items that do not appear in storefront it's because their inactive
- Reset Payment and Shipping Methods
- Reset coupons if you had them before
- Choose Design Template:
- Choose page layout for home page (featured, extra…)
***** OVERVIEW AND INSTRUCTIONS ON SOME OF THE NEW FEATURES *****
-- PRODUCTS --
Product Description: The biggest change to this section was we’ve removed some icons in the product description Text Editor. We juggled with this for a long time and decided to strip out some of the text because we know it will help stores sell more products. The reason people began preferring Facebook over MySpace was MySpace allowed members to control the design of their profiles, and overtime the MySpace pages were so busy and hard to read that users began preferring the clean, easy to read format, of Facebook. Our other deciding factor was looking at all major eCommerce stores like Amazon, Borders, Barnes & Nobles, etc. They all have standardized font in the product descriptions, which make it easier to read while scrolling through products.
-- DESIGN SETTINGS --